Get ready for your headshot session
Having a successful headshot depends on preparing properly:
My goal is to make your headshot a simple process, but there are some things that will help the session go very smooth and to achieve that confident look we are striving for. Practice makes perfect they say, please do this in the mirror and just look at how your face reacts to different scenarios.
The night before your session get a good night sleep, we don’t want you to look tired in your headshots. The day before drink plenty of water and stay hydrated, this will help you look better, and hydrate your skin. We want to not have dry skin the day of your headshot. As Charlie Abrahams states’ “Having well hydrated skin and body will make your headshots come out better, and you will feel better about your session” Men if you shave in the morning please use a balm after, this will help any nicks with the razor and you won’t have the burned look. The best thing is to come ready to have fun, this isn’t your run of the mill photoshoot.
Here is a list of some general suggestions for your session:
- Solid colors or very conservative patterns
- Generally, don’t go with overly bright colors, they will compete for attention.
- Undershirts, camisoles, and bras should match the tone of the shirt or blouse you wear.
- All collars should be in great condition, and your shirts pressed when applicable.
- Men’s ties should not be so attention grabbing that they compete with you.
- If you bring a jacket, make sure it fits properly.
- I recommend if you wear jewelry, stud earrings only.
- Makeup, with a natural look is recommended for women.
- Light eye makeup
- No false eye lashes
- Neutral or light lip color
- No makeup for men, I have product to reduce the shine.
Hair and skin:
- Clean hair
- Moisturize skin as needed (especially in winter)
- If you wear glasses, bring every pair you own
Please contact me if you have any questions.