Female Doctor Headshot
In the healthcare industry and for your own personal brand, not only is a professional headshot necessary but it is also expected. Patients look for professional, personable, and caring healthcare workers, and before they meet you in person, your image is what they will be judging this off.
The Human Eye Naturally Draws Towards Your Picture
When patients are on the hunt for a doctor that is right for them, more so than not they will only be skimming your website. Their eyes will draw towards your headshot more than the paragraph(s) of words. If your headshot is poor and low quality, do you think that they will continue reading anything about you?
This shows just how much people value a professional, high-quality, personable headshot. This is especially true when they are deciding on a person, they need to have 100% trust in a doctor.
People Judge a Book by its cover
No matter how many times people use this phrase referencing that it’s not a good thing to do, it’s natural for people to do it. Most of the time they don’t even realize it. This is even more true when people are choosing whether they want to proceed with you or not. A great example of that is a doctor. Other examples include realtors, therapists, hairdressers, etc.
Your potential patients will use your headshot as whether you are going to be able to give them the professional care they hope for. Regardless of the business, you are in however, a poor-quality headshot will reflect a careless and unprofessional image of your personality and how much pride you take in helping others.
A poor headshot will leave a potential patient thinking “If they don’t even care about their own headshot, who is to think they would care about the people that are trusting them with (in some cases) their life?”
A patient just wants to feel connected to you. Show them how much you love what you do by starting with a professional headshot.
A Headshot Will Strengthen Your Brand
As I mentioned, a patient wants to feel connected to you. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to add information and pictures of things you enjoy outside of work.
Do you have a family? Add a family picture to your website!
Your patients should know a little bit about you too! Your brand is whatever YOU want it to be, but you must build it.
How To Create the Quality Headshot
- Patients want their potential doctor to give off a cozy, welcoming, and friendly appearance. Is that what your headshot is currently conveying? Or does it seem cold and unapproachable?
- Avoid bright and busy colors in your headshot. Unless you decide to wear your white coat, I would wear some type of mid-tone color. For example, purples, blues, and greens are great options.
- Is your headshot up-to-date, or is it 10 years old? If it is, patients can tell. It could even question how up-to-date you are with the medicine you’re practicing. A patient doesn’t want a doctor who isn’t staying up to date with medical trends and answers and an old headshot could cause that judgment.
- Have your headshot taken by a professional headshot photographer. You will not receive what you are looking for if you try to take it yourself or have someone take it from you. The studio lighting and the after-image retouching are 2 of the main elements that make a professional picture actually look professional.
- If you need headshots taken of multiple doctors, there needs to be consistency across the images. The backgrounds should be the same and they should all be wearing similar clothes.
If you are searching for a photographer for healthcare headshots for your personal medical brand or for multiple healthcare professionals, you can contact me at email@example.com or call at 480.201.7204